Thursday, December 27, 2007

Quark Would Be Proud - STR on "Unnecesarry" Quotation Marks and Blogshares

Well, it started when I saw a sign warning of a "Speed Bump" that I sent over to The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks. So I had a link back to my blog, and the next thing I knew I'm getting traffic from a strange place I had never heard of: Blogshares.

It's a fantasy blog stock market. And evidently people are buying "stock" (unnecessary quotation marks or not - you decide) in Star Trek Ruminations. At least one person is anyhow. Now, here's a fantasy game that would make a Ferengi's lobes tingle. Or maybe not. It's not like there's any real profit in it.

On second thought, a Ferengi would find a way to turn those shares into gold pressed latinum.

Anyhow, thanks for the link, Bethany.